Monday, February 28, 2011

Pop-up Prototypes

I have been playing around with the idea of pop-up version of Pet My Dragon? for a couple of days.  There has been a pretty steep learning curve but I think I am finally starting to understand the mechanics of pop-ups.  So I thought I would share a couple pages with you as I work through the fine tuning for this project.

I am pretty close to being finished with the first opening sequence.  You can see that the paper parts are hidden when the pages are closed and extend nicely past the confines of their borders when the page is open. Next step will be to move to a full color mock-ups.

The videos look pretty grainy at the stop or pause but play very clear.



This next sample will need a little more work with sizing as you can see the speech bubble sticking out of the closed page.  



The mock-ups will be made from double sided brochure paper.  This paper is more substantial than regular printer paper but easier to work with than card stock.  I am hopeful that by the end the week I will have a finished mock-up of the "Way too hot" pages done and a "final" draft done for the "Paws not claws." page.

Facebook: Curtis Taylor-Author and Illustrator      Twitter: ctillustrator

www.curtistaylor.biz     e-mail: info (at) curtistaylor (dot )biz



No comments:

Post a Comment