Thursday, February 24, 2011

Facebook Profile Pictures

Lately, I have been trying to streamline and optimize my various web, blog and social media pages.  It isn't much fun and it can take some time to complete but it won't be long before all that work will pay off.  Let me explain a bit.

I have been researching meta data and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) quite a bit lately and have come to realize that my sites haven't been optimized.  I figured Google would automatically see my website and spread the word for me.  Well, that wasn't quite the case.  I would get a steady traffic here on this blog of 2 to 4 hits a day before the SEO.  I know that isn't much in the grand scheme of things but the last three days (after SEO and meta data enhancements and nothing else, not even a post) I have seen jumps to my daily hit counts.  Now this blog is receiving 10 to 12 hits a day and my older posts (which virtually nobody read) are moving up the ranks of my most visited posts.

So take the time to updated your meta data and SEO.  Here is a nice blog with loads of helpful tips and instructions on how to go about this.  You won't be sorry you did.

http://seotools.bloggertricks.com/


Also I found this great article that explains how to expand your Facebook profile picture.  There are a lot of questions answered in the comments and they helped me troubleshoot a couple issues.  So if it doesn't work at first then read down the comment list and I bet you will find your answer.

http://www.clear-river.com/weblog/comments/making_the_most_of_your_facebook_page_profile_picture/

No comments:

Post a Comment