Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Meta Data - revisited

One of my most read posts (ironically it doesn't have anything to do with writing or illustrating) is starting to sag so I thought I would try and revive it by rewriting and combining it with a few other Search Engine Optimization (SEO) related posts of mine. 

When I first started becoming aware of SEO I was getting 2 to 4 hits a day.  I had one reader, maybe two and I remember how happy I was when I started fooling around with my SEO tools and I went to 10 hits a day.  That seems so long ago now that I am averaging 70 hits a day and I have now topped 10,000 in my all time hits. 

In short SEO works and my blog is proof.  So what are you waiting for?  Visit these blogs, follow their suggestions and start watching your visitor hits rise.

If you are totally new to SEO the start here:
http://www.seomoz.org/beginners-guide-to-seo


This one is super easy. Just fill in the blanks and it does the work for you.  Next you will copy the code into your blog HTML (easier than it sounds) and you are set.
http://seotools.bloggertricks.com/free/online-meta-tags-generator-tool/ 



There is important information here for Kindle self publishers. The blog stresses the importance of metadata (info like tags and descriptions) on future sales of your titles.
Five Degrees Of Metadata: Small Changes Can Mean Big Sales








No comments:

Post a Comment